Christmas Bag Fundraiser for homeless children -2022
Background: Christmas bag project started when Sanya was even and half years old. Initially, Sanya alone sew 100 bags for homeless children. Later, the need grew from 100 to 500 so Sanya recruited sewing volunteers. Sanya and her volunteers sew decorative bags out of donated scrap fabric from furniture stores, which is good for the environment, as they are keeping the fabric out of the landfill. These types of fabrics are made out of microplastics and add to the plastic waste in our landfills. We fill these bags with School supplies, books, toys, hats, and mittens for local homeless children.
SHFC (Sanya’s Hope For Children) would like to request donors to help fill 500 school bags with the following supplies. Please provide all or as many as you are able to, from the list below. We appreciate any and all help.
- 12-Pencils #2
- 4-Glue sticks/1 glue bottle
- 12-Crayola Pencil Colors
- 12- Crayola Pencil Markers
- 1-Pair of Fiskars scissors
- 1-Pencil case
- 2-Wide Ruled Spiral Bound Notebooks
- 2-Pocket folders
- 1 box-Crayola Crayons
- Water Colors (optional)
- 2-red pens
- 1-roll of tape
- Book (age-specific k-12 grade -6 years to 18 years).
- Hats, socks, and mitten (Optional).
Here’s how you can help:
- Fill a bag with school supplies and a toy (Girl or Boy -Grade K-12).
- Adopt a bag-Donate $50 for each bag. 100% of the proceeds will go towards filling the bags.
- Help sew bags, we need competent sewing partners to sew bags.
- We have ongoing food drives -donate $50 to adopt a family of four.
- As a school or organization- you can run a toy drive for us.
For any questions email us at Sanya@sanyashopeforchildren.org or text/call 952-201-1920
Please visit Sanya’s Hope For Children website under the “causes” tab if you would like to support our other projects. Here is our website link: https://www.sanyashopeforchildren.org/
Here is our link to donate online: https://www.sanyashopeforchildren.org/donate/
To donate via check- Please make checks out to Sanya’s Hope For Children
We are a registered 501c3. Your donations are tax-deductible.
Thank you and God bless you.